[Zope] Weighing catalog searches per index ?

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jan 8 13:43:43 EST 2004

Hello,

Does anybody know of a decent implementation of a scoring algorithm that
does "weighing" of results, presumably based on the indexes used ?

I'd like to explore the possibility of searching the catalog, but giving
results from certain indexes priority over others.

So in the case of the CMF, saying that if search terms are found in the
Title or Descrption, they are more "important" than if they're found
somewhere else and so on ...

I know this is a common concept in more advanced search engines (Such as
Oracle's InterMedia), but I'm wondering if anyone has done something like
this in Zope ...

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support / Développement des
services et soutien de systèmes Internet
GeoAccess Division / Division GéoAccès
Canada Center for Remote Sensing / Centre canadien de télédétection
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca
Phone: (613) 992-4902
Fax: (613) 947-2410