[Zope] Some installiation bug for zope-exuserfolder and related

Federico Andrade federico at liquilan.com
Sun Jan 11 04:29:32 EST 2004

Hi,

    I dunno if this is the right place and if you already fixed this,
and sorry if this is not the way
to report a bug (I don't have the time to RTFM, I just want to do a
quick install). Anyways,
here's my two cents:

    I got this message when trying to install zope-exuserfolder
(0.10.10-5), (and related stuff)
using debian's dselect utlility on a debian 2.4.18-bf2.4 unstable:
:
Setting up zope-cmfplone (1.0.5.20030909-2) ...
postinst cannot determine the version of python used in
/usr/sbin/zope-z2 ... please file a bug report.
dpkg: error processing zope-cmfplone (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of plone:
 plone depends on zope-cmfplone (= 1.0.5.20030909-2); however:
  Package zope-cmfplone is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing plone (--configure):
Setting up zope-exuserfolder (0.10.10-5) ...
postinst cannot determine the version of python used in
/usr/sbin/zope-z2 ... please file a bug report.
dpkg: error processing zope-exuserfolder (--configure):
 zope-cmfplone
 plone
 zope-exuserfolder
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to continue.
:
The problem seems to come from /usr/sbin/zope-z2  in this (only) line:

exec python2.2 -O /usr/lib/zope/z2.py $@

should be:

exec /usr/bin/python2.2 -O /usr/lib/zope/z2.py $@

based on the regular expression from postinst located at:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/zope-exuserfolder.postinst

After that it works fine.

Regards,

                       Federico.