[Zope] ZSyncer and acl_user permissions

Kamal Gill ksgill at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:40:07 EST 2004

Adding the ZSyncer in /spam/eggs on the source and destination server
works fine, but I'm hoping to avoid that since we have too many
non-root acl_user accounts.

So here's what I tried.

1) I created a restricted role called "Sync" at the root folder and
only gave it the "Use ZSyncer" permission at the root level.

2) I gave the user in /spam/eggs/acl_users an acl_user account at the
root folder with only the Sync role enabled.

The Sync operation returns an "access denied" error.

3) Next, I clicked the Security tab for the ZSyncer instance at the
root folder and enabled all permissions for the Sync role.

No luck--I'm still getting a "403: You do not have access to do that"
error.

Am I missing something here?  What permissions do I need to enable for
the Sync role and/or the ZSyncer instance at the root folder in order
for a non-Manager acl_user account to use a ZSyncer instance at the
root folder?

  - Kamal