[Zope] CMFStaging, ZEO

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 14 16:37:35 EST 2004

Michael Havard wrote at 2004-1-13 20:05 +0000:
>Does anyone have any tips for setting up CMFStaging. I'm just starting to
>fumble my way through it and I've only found two posts with any real
>information about setting it up.
>
>Essentially my architecture is this:
>Three separate machines:
>DEV
>QA
>PROD

"CMFStaging" is not for this use case.
Instead, it support DEV, QA and PROD stages for *content* (only)
inside a single CMF instance.

We approach your problem like this:

  *  put everything possible (templates, scripts, products)
     into file system.

     Use CVS to manage these resources.
     "QA" and "PROD" use CVS to fetch "released" revisions
     from the CVS repository

  *  use ZSyncer to sync configuration data in the ZODB from DEV to
     QA and from QA to PROD.

  *  ensure a proper separation of content between DEV, QA, and PROD.
     All have their own content (which must never get mixed).
     QA occationally gets a fresh copy of PROD's content.

--
Dieter