[Zope] CMFStaging, ZEO

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 16 13:44:31 EST 2004

Michael Havard wrote at 2004-1-15 17:04 +0000:
>For instance is there a particular product that you use for getting objects
>down to the file system (ExtFile, LocalFS, Files System Directory View).

We use CMF (sometimes together with Plone).

>Would the files then be editable from both the ZMI and the FS or just one.

The "FSObject"s of "CMFCore" are only editable from the FS and not via
ZMI.

>Could we also use one of the ZOPE CVS products

They have difficulties to cope with all facets of Zope's rich
(and extendible) object system.

>or are you strictly using the
>FS, an external editor, and CVS from the FS.

We go this way.

>I've used zsyncer in the past and it's worked fairly well and I'm
>comfortable using it again if necessary. Is there a method for triggering it
>from the command line.

All Zope actions can be called for via HTTP.

There are many tools that allow you to issue HTTP requests from the
command line: e.g. "wget", "curl", Python's "urllib",
Zope's "ZPublisher.Client".

--
Dieter