[Zope] Apache mod_cgi WebDAV patch

Barbara Langmueller barbara at system.at
Mon Jan 19 05:43:34 EST 2004

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your answer!

At 08:43 PM 1/16/2004 +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>Barbara Langmueller wrote at 2004-1-16 16:16 +0100:
> >So far I have used my web browser for editing the files, and I would
> >like to use WebDAV for editing my files now.
> >For one instance, I have modified my Zope start script to use the following
> >ports:
> ><ip>:8080 -> http (rendered)
> ><ip>:8021 -> ftp
> ><ip>:9800 -> http (not rendered, for WebDAV)
> >
> >Using the WebDAV client cadaver I can connect to
> ><ip>(:80) without problems.
> >
> >Trying to connect to <ip>:9800 and <ip>:8080 fails with the following error:
> >
> >dav:!> open 192.168.57.13:9800
> >Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
> >Could not contact server:
> >Malformed header line.
> >

> >Searching the web for answers, I have found the following posting:
> >http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/Misc/mod_cgi_webdav_patch.html
> >
> >The patch is very old (1999). Do you think that my problems discribed abough
> >are cause by this problem and is it still necessary to apply this patch?
>
>As I see, you are contacting your Zope server directly
>(and not via Apache). In this case, the "mod_cgi_webdav_patch"
>is not relevant for you.
>
>Andreas Jung has a tool to analyse WebDAV problems.
>Google for it: "Andreas Jung WebDAV monitor"

I have downloaded and installed the WebDAVLogger (from
http://zope.org/Members/ajung/WebDAVLogger/swpackage_view).
But I don't get any logging data, the file webdav_debug.log is not
created in <INSTANCE_HOME>/var/
BTW, Andreas does no longer support the WebDAV logger.

Is there any other way to debug the problem?

Best regards,

Barbara