[Zope] mysql-python and zope - problem with python.exe version

Justin Robertson nostrebornitsuj at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 06:05:41 EST 2004

I have been trying to install ZMySQLDA on Zope version 2.6.2 on Win2k. To do
this you need MySQL-Python installed over the same Python interpreter that
Zope uses. I have Python 2.3 installed, as well as Zope (which has its own
Python 2.1 interpreter).

So I had the option of installing MySQL-Python over the 2.1 Zope
interpreter, or putting it in the 2.3 directory and having the 2.3 version
of Python.exe run Zope.

However, I can't seem to do either. The MySQL-Python installation requires
at least a Python 2.3 installation, so I can't install it over the Zope
version, and if I start Zope with the 2.3 interpreter I get an error saying
"Module use of Python21.dll conflicts with this version of Python".

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.

Justin.