[Zope] Zope and Python on FreeBSD 5.1

george donnelly george at zettai.net
Mon Jan 19 09:32:13 EST 2004

Sergey Volobuev <zope at phpv.khv.ru> on 1/19/04 wrote:

>I've expiriensed frequent Zope crashes on FreeBSD. The problem was
>solved after installing python 2.1.3 from ports. The bug is fixed in
>ports since (don't remember exactly, but a long time ago). Just don't
>build python yourself.

you can build python yourself, but you will need to patch it with the
infamous patch.

with python 2.3.x you need to set CFLAGS, or that is the only way i have
discovered so far, in the short time i have put into it.
<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669