[Zope] External Method Help - Rendered HTML to Disk

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Tue Jan 20 09:08:42 EST 2004

Here are a few ideas that may help:

1) I would try putting all of the fields that you want to access in a dtml
method or python script as parameters in the html link to make it easier to
get at them:

eg.
http://my-zope-site/somefoler/write2FS?routine=index_html&filename=somepath%
2Fsomefile...

This way, in your method/script, you can refer to the variable 'routine' to
get 'index_html'.

2)  Here is some dtml code to create a new dtml method using the 'routine'
variable from above:

<dtml-comment> create the content for the new dtml method </dtml-comment>
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('dtmlcode', '<dtml-var
standard_html_header><dtml-var REQUEST><dtml-var standard_html_footer>')">

<dtml-comment> create the new method </dtml-comment>
<dtml-call "manage_addDTMLMethod(routine, 'newtitle')">

<dtml-comment> now put some content into the new dtml method </dtml-comment>
<dtml-call "_.getitem(routine).manage_edit(dtmlcode, 'newtitle2')">

<dtml-comment> now execute the new method </dtml-comment>
<dtml-var "_[routine]">

HTH

Jonathan