[Zope] OT: ZMySQLDA status

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Thu Jan 22 09:30:47 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:04:01 -0500
"Jim Kutter" <jim at ebizq.net> wrote:

> Hi lads and ladies -
>
> I'm curious as to the status of the ZMySQLDA product. I've ran into
> the well documented bug regarding the server_capabilities attribute.
> However the (seemingly) latest version available on zope.org (via
> http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA) still has this
> problem.
>
> Is that not the proper place to get the product, or is it no longer
> actively maintained?

The latest version (2.0.9) is on sourceforge (Google is your friend).
It's still pretty old, but its newer than the Zope.org version.

If it still has the problem the first step I would take is to try
contacting Andy Dustman directly. If he is not maintaining it (from what
I can tell he is not), then maybe he would give you developer access to
the sourceforge project. If not, then you can just fork your own version
(its ZPL'd) and offer it back to Andy if you want or just release it (or
post a patch to sourceforge).

As they say: "scratch thine own itch"

-Casey