[Zope] traveese_subpath

nwingfield at che-llp.com nwingfield at che-llp.com
Thu Jan 22 17:38:37 EST 2004

I am writing a custom product and would like to make use of the URL string
to do some cool stuff.  When writing a "Python Script" there is a handy
variable called traverse_subpath that contains the elements of the URL to
the right of the name of the script itself.  However, Zope tends to raise
an exception when I attempt this technique with other types of objects,
namely the objects created with my custom product code.

For example:

http://www.mysite.com/myPythonScript/extra/stuff
works fine, and I have access to a handy list like ['extra', 'stuff']

http://www.mysite.com/myCustomObject/extra/stuff
raises an error, something like:  Zope has encountered a problem publishing
your object.

Is there a quick trick to incorporate traverse_subpath functionality into
my product?

Thanks!