[Zope] Re: importing pdflib_py

Blossom Merz blossommerz at pobox.com
Thu Jan 22 21:59:36 EST 2004

"You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power
to go back to Kansas..."

OK, so we don't need to make a custom Product or anything like that
to use an external library in a Script. It's just a simple (!)
matter of semantics.

BAD:
from pdflib_py import *

GOOD:
import pdflib_py
      or
from pdflib_py import PDF_new, PDF_open_file, PDF_get_errmsg, [...]

I guess the security machinery just wants to be sure that you know
exactly what you're importing. Maybe they're trying to prevent name
conflicts or something? Or maybe the external library won't give up
its list of methods.

Whatever. I'm back to work after my little visit to Oz.

blossom