[Zope] Performance Degradation with SiteRoot

Bill Etheredge betheredge at mesa-grp.com
Fri Jan 23 11:40:51 EST 2004

I have a Zope instance running behind Apache and am using Apache
ProxyPass/Rewrite to split traffic between a Zope site (for dynamic
content) and a non-Zope site (static content).  I added a SiteRoot
object in the root folder of my Zope instance to generate an appropriate
URL to display to the user.

My problem is that performance on the site took a nosedive when I
installed the SiteRoot object in Zope.  It is generating the URL
correctly but the site is now painfully slow.  Before installing
SiteRoot, the performance was great.

I have googled around and found some stuff about Apache and SiteRoot but
have not found anything that addresses degradation in performance.  Any
suggestions or links to useful information on this problem?

Thanks,
Bill Etheredge
The Mesa Group