[Zope] Form to text

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Jan 23 18:45:58 EST 2004

vivek singh wrote:

>I have a form where the users enter the entries as a
>name value pair. I have to save this info as text to
>be used later in a batch mode. I am new to Zope and
>python and i am having trouble figuring out how this
>can be done. I would highly appreciate if someone
>could send me some pointers or some sample code. So
>far i haven't been able to get anything useful from
>google.

To the filesystem? In that case, write an External Method that writes a
file to disk as appropriate. Have it take the parameters that you want
to write (or perhaps a dictionary) and use those to create your output.
See http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/bltin-file-objects.html

Have your form submit to a Python Script that takes the necessary info
out of context.REQUEST and passes that to the external method above.
Have it return the next page or redirect there.

             --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)