[Zope] run multiple instances with zopectl

Steffen Hausmann steffen at hausmann-family.de
Sun Jan 25 17:57:32 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm running a debian woody box with zope 2.6.2 and zopectl 0.3.1.

I've created a second config file in the /etc/zopectl directory
containig the options for the second instance and created the files for
it using 'zopectl init instance2'.

But if I try to start the two zope instances the first (default) one
comes up correctly and the second one dies after a few moments.

2004-01-25T23:42:09 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/zope/z2.py, line 759, in ?
    (Object: ZLogger)
  File /usr/lib/zope/ZServer/PCGIServer.py, line 249, in __init__
  File /usr/lib/zope/ZServer/PCGIServer.py, line 292, in read_info
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory

Whatever I tried I couldn't get it to work. Which directory/file is meant.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

MfG Steffen