[Zope] Zope 2.7.0RC1 - Special behaviour of the help system

andre borelan at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 26 09:58:05 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> You didn't manage to state your problem clearly :-S
 > What version of Zope are you using?

Zope 2.7.0rc1 - Windows XP Pro binaries
Fresh installation without any customization.

> What do you expect to happen?

The problem is that i can't access some help documents.
When i try to reach the links i called 'wrong ones', a login prompt is
displayed and i'm not recognized as an admin.
When i hit cancel, i receive ,  the following message : Unauthorized:
You are not allowed to access '' in this context.

If i want to access the ZMI, i have to login again as admin.

I'm authentified as admin except when i try to reach those links.

here are the tracebacks

===FIRST ONE===

Time  	2004/01/26 10:36:33.421 GMT-4
User Name (User Id) 	Anonymous User (None)    <----------------------
Request URL
http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/OFSP/Help/AccessControl.py/index_html
Exception Type 	Unauthorized
Exception Value 	You are not allowed to access '' in this context

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 261, in __call__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 292, in _bindAndExec
     * Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
     * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 275, in
__render_with_namespace__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 290, in _bindAndExec
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 1, in ?
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 224, in _getContext
     * Module AccessControl.ImplPython, line 227, in validate

Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access '' in this context

===SECOND ONE====

Time  	2004/01/26 10:36:33.468 GMT-4
User Name (User Id) 	admin (admin)    <------------------------------
[...]

Second problem, when i'm in a product's help folder, i can't view the
stx documents.
I'm redirected to manage_workspace.
In Zcatalog for example, ther is no view tab.
In sessions, there is a view tab but i'm prompted for a username and
password as mentionned above.

I described below what i noticed about the content of some help folders
and the name of some help documents i don't know if it'll be useful.

>> I first tried to read Zcatalog's help.
>> All links are of the form below
>> http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/ZCatalog/Help/THE_DOCUMENT/manage_workspace
>>
>> so when i click on a link Zcatalog Product's properties are displayed.

>> Here is a list of available documents in
>> http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/ZCatalog/Help/.
>>
>> Vocabulary.py (Vocabulary)
>> Vocabulary.stx (Vocabulary )
>> Vocabulary_Query.stx (Vocabulary - Query)
>> Vocabulary_Vocabulary.stx (Vocabulary - Vocabulary)
>> ZCatalog.py (ZCatalog)
>> ZCatalog.stx (ZCatalog)
>> ZCatalog_Add.stx (ZCatalog - Add)
>> ZCatalog_Advanced.stx (ZCatalog - Advanced)
>> ZCatalog_Cataloged-Objects.stx (ZCatalog - Cataloged Objects)
>> ZCatalog_Find-Items-to-ZCatalog.stx (ZCatalog - Find Items to ZCatalog)
>> ZCatalog_Indexes.stx (ZCatalog - Indexes)
>> ZCatalog_MetaData-Table.stx (ZCatalog - MetaData Table)
>> ZCatalog_Parameters.stx (ZCatalog - searchResults)
>> ZCatalog_Status.stx (ZCatalog - Status)
>>
>> When using Zope help System, it seems that many links points to .py
>> files (ie AccessControl.py instead of AccessControl.stx)
>> so the login box is displayed and i received an error "you are not
>> allowed to acces this resource in this context". that's normal i guess
>> because a python script is called.
>> But i can reach some of them
>>
>> Here are the the links with problems
>>
>> In http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/PythonScripts/Help
>> wrong ones
>> ========
>> PythonScript.py
>> Script.py
>> standard.py
The other links in that folder are correct.

>> in http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/OFSP/Help/
>>
>> correct ones
>> math.py
>> random.py
>> string.py
The other links in that folder are wrong.