[Zope] Tutorial Instance

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jan 26 13:28:44 EST 2004

SDA wrote at 2004-1-25 16:04 -0500:
>I'm presently using Zope  (unreleased version, python 2.2.3, linux2)
>from Debian "Sarge". Right from the get go, I had issues of it not
>working properly. The first was attempting to run the tutorial, I
>couldn't becasue it said the Gadfly database wasn't installed, it was.
>So I got around that, by creating a Gadfly directory in
>'/var/lib/zope/instance/default/var/'.
>
>Now, I get this error when trying to create the Tutorial instance:
>'Invalid connection string: demo'
>
>Any suggestions as how to get around this?

You need some background reading about Gadfly.

The connection string corresponds to a "database".
Apparently, you do not have a "database" "demo".

I do not know how you create such a database (probably it is
a subfolder of the "Gadfly" folder). But I remember faintly,
that I was able to use Gadfly (years ago) after I read a bit
about it...

I soon stopped using it because it was not thread safe (in
the Zope environment).

--
Dieter