[Zope] Problems with roles in 2.7rc1 too?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 27 14:38:45 EST 2004

Petter Holmström wrote at 2004-1-27 13:03 +0200:
>Are there any known problems with roles and Zope 2.7rc1?

There are still several problems:

  *  a problem with PythonScripts that bind "context/container"
     without the necessary permissions

     the same almost surely affects PageTemplates as well.

  *  a problem with proxy roles.

>I cannot get a
>Plone-workflow state to work properly, it denies access to all users -
>including the manager, even tough I've given the manager role all
>permissions. The only way to awoid the message appearing is to check the
>Acquire-box of the "Access contents information"-permission.
>
>This worked fine on Zope 2.6.2. Could anybody confirm that this is a
>bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Tres is working on fixes.
Today, I read that he committed fixes to CVS (Zope 2.6 branch)
and asked for assistence (to check that previous problems go away).

--
Dieter