[Zope] Re: ZCatalog enhancement wishes (and a zcatalog question)

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Wed Jan 28 11:43:49 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:17:54 -0500
"Small Business Services" <toolkit at magma.ca> wrote:

[..]
> I now have one object in the subfolder and two entries in the
> zcatalog. Both have the same id (which causes a zope propertysheet
> error the next time I try to access the zcatalog record).
>
> I think I am missing something fundamental as to how zcatalog
> operates. Anyone have any ideas?

This is a bug in your application. The catalog identifies objects by
their physical path (via the getPhysicalPath method). Somehow this
method is returning two different values for the same object at
different times.

This is possible if the object is mounted in two locations in the folder
tree or some trusted code changed the aquisition wrappers and rewrapped
the object in a different place. You may need to set a trace in the
reindex method (or earlier) so you can step through and determine why
the paths come up different.

-Casey