[Zope] ImportError: No module named cPersistence

Michael Long mlong at datalong.com
Thu Jan 29 08:47:52 EST 2004

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Long schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the following environment I get this traceback. What does anyone have any
>> suggestions on what is wrong.
>>
>> zope 2.7.0-rc1
>> MySQL-python-0.9.3b1
>> ZMySQLDA-2.0.8
>> MySQL-Max-5.0.0-0
>>

>> edev:/opt/zopeInstance/bin # ./runzope
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
> [...]
>> ImportError: No module named cPersistence
>

> You need to read the README and at least a little
> of the docs. Apparently you just unpacked the
> source code and tried to start it right away.

Tino,

I had this instance of zope 2.7 running. I then shut it down and installed
MySQL-python-0.9.3b1 and ZMySQLDA-2.0.8. It was at this point that I get the error.
The reason I used runzope instead of zopectl was to have the traceback dumped to
the console. I do not understand the use of zopectl enough yet to debug with it :(
The bottom line is that I want to connect to MySQL 5.0 and the only option I have
found so far is ZMySQLDA.

Thanks for the help,
Mike