[Zope] Hanging Python Threads

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 29 14:40:18 EST 2004

Ryan T. Bard wrote at 2004-1-28 11:31 -0500:
>I have a problem where I periodically get a python thread that never
>dies by itself,

I see this occasionally. Usually, the process is waiting for
some network response (which does not come).

>I had found a post (or an archive on the zope.org site) a few weeks
>ago about a way to debug python threads or to watch a live traceback
>of threads through some debugging method in order to debug products,
>but I can't find it again now.

Hopefully, you work under Linux/Unix?

Then, they is a HowTo about how to analyse a "spinning Zope".
It contains (I think) advice how to use the GDB (GNU debugger)
to analyse a Zope process that got out of bounds.

--
Dieter