"resolve_url" problem (was: Re: [Zope] Re: ZCatalog enhancement wishes (and a zcatalog question))

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 30 13:51:07 EST 2004

Small Business Services wrote at 2004-1-30 10:34 -0500:
> ... same object cataloged twice ...
>The
>Catalog had two entries, with different data, pointing to the same object,
>which caused zope errors in subsequent catalog accesses.

This is almost surely a "CatalogAware" problem.

Check the "path" (using the "getPath" method) of your two catalog
entries. I predict, that you will see two different paths -- paths
corresponding to two different virtual host views of your site.

I adviced previously in the mailing list (--> archives)
to redefine the class "CatalogAware" in terms of "CatalogPathAware".
We no longer need "CatalogAware", it makes only problems...

--
Dieter