[Zope] confused on permissions and roles

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 1 07:06:48 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Roché" == Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> writes:

    Roché> You got the first part right and that is making security
    Roché> declarations on your class, but you still have to specify
    Roché> security on the folder instance by going to the security
    Roché> tab and giving 'Administrator' the required permissions or
    Roché> writing code that does this automatically when you create
    Roché> the folder.

Essentially my question is - can I do this step in code and if so how?
I have a lot of objects and roles and its not practical to manually
set the default permissions for each role in the web interface each
time a new instance of my product is created.  Essentially I want to
define these defaults in my product code.

John Hunter