[Zope] High quality hosting

Mike Combs mike at combsnet.com
Thu Jul 1 12:01:49 EDT 2004

I'm a Zope/Plone newbie, making the transition from HTML/Perl.  I'm having
a hard time finding a Zope hosting company that provides the kind of
support I'm used to getting.  I've read through a lot of
http://zope.org/Resources/ZSP, but I thought I might get better suggestions
here.

Here's what I'd like:

* 7x24 phone support
* Hosting at a secure site with redundency
* Trouble-ticket tracking for emailed inquiries

In terms of the level of support, I'm not after over-the-phone
tutorials.  But if I ask for more disk, or the account to be restored from
backups, or for some standard feature of their service, I'd like to get an
acknowledgement within 30 minutes and a promise of when the service will be
performed.

I get this kind of service today in the non-Zope world for $20 to
$50/month.  I consider $20-$50 inexpensive.

My (frustrating) experience so far trying to find a Zope host has been either:
* Small, inexpensive, host the server in the back of the office, no support
* Medium, inexpensive, secure hosting, email-only slow-to-respond support
* Hundreds of dollars a month overkill

Thanks in advance,

...mike