[Zope] confused on permissions and roles

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:36:03 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Roché" == Roché Compaan <roche at upfrontsystems.co.za> writes:

    Roché> That doesn't make sense, because '_setObject' calls
    Roché> 'manage_afterAdd' on the wrapped object so it should work -
    Roché> see OFS/ObjectManager.py.

Of course you are right.  I had first tried to add the object outside
of a manage_afterAdd method and got a missing attribute error on the
call to manage_permissions:

  Error Type: AttributeError
  Error Value: _getProductRegistryData

I then moved the code into manage_afterAdd and still got the error
message.   Apparently, I had not successfully refreshed my product,
because it is now working as advertised.

Cheers,
JDH