[Zope] ExternalEditor with apache rewrite

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Thu Jul 1 21:52:29 EDT 2004

I'm running ExternalEditor-0.7.2, and have one problem I haven't been able
to figure out.  It works fine if I connect directly to the zope server, but
if I connect via the Apache interface it doesn't get locks.  I'm basically
clueless about webdav beyond knowing how to spell it.

Recently I was reading installation instructions for a iCal product for
Zope that talked about changing a URL so that is points to a different host
allowing the apache rewrite rules to redirect the call to the webdav port
of the Zope server.  It appears that one could hack the zopeedit.py script
a bit in the zopeRequest routine (about line 481) to massage the host name
which would allow this.

Am I trying to reinvent the wheel here?

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

More laws, less justice.  -- Marcus Tulius Ciceroca (42 BD)