[Zope] doc string rules

Bogdan M. Maryniuck bo at bitute.b4net.lt
Fri Jul 2 02:12:06 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 08:34:13PM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:
> I just had LocalFS break under Zope 2.6.4 with Python 2.3.4 due to a
> "missing docstring".  What are the current rules?  Must everything
> (procedures, methods, classes, modules) have docstrings?  Even when
> running with Z_DEBUG_MODE set to "yes".

All methods you want to gets published should have at least empty docstring and
do not have a name beginning with underscore:

class Foo:
    def pulishme(self):
        """ """

    def donotpublishme(self):
        pass

    def _donotpublishmealso(self):
        """ """

--
暮

This host is a black hole at HTTP wavelengths. GETs go in, and nothing
comes out, not even Hawking radiation.
		-- Graaagh the Mighty on rec.games.roguelike.angband