[Zope] Starting zope instance problems

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.demon.nl
Fri Jul 2 17:55:55 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've installed Python 2.3.4 in a Suse 8.2 system and then installed zope
2.7.1 and configured an instance. I did all of this logged in as root and
I've chowned the instance folder to a normal user.

When I tried starting this instance as the normal user, I got the first
error:

read permission missing for
/opt/zope2.7/lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml

I fixed this permission and of another file, then decided to start the
instance as root and seting up as effective user, the normal user.

I got then into lots of errors regarding reading permissions (one file at a
time). I gave up and recursively gave o+r permissions to the whole
installation.

Finally, I got it running, but all of this smells very wrong and indeed I
want to run instances as normal user.

What am I doing wrong??

Fernando