[Zope] Edge Side Includes and Zope

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Jul 8 11:54:06 EDT 2004

On Jul 8, 2004, at 11:19 AM, Eugene wrote:

> Hello Zope,
>
>   I'm very interesting in perfomancing my Zope Server.
>   Currently it gives about 1.5 requests in second - it's too few for
>   real work.
>   I found an article from antient 2002 year, there Zope Corp planned
>   to build support for Edge Side Includes (www.esi.org) into Squid and
>   in Zope (am I right?).
>   But I didn't found anything in the Docs 2.6 Zope Book.
>   Is it project alive? Can we now use this feature.
>
>   Is there something alike for perfomancing?

You don't say what your Zope application does. It might be enough to
put a cache in front of Zope and use built-in tools (HTTP accellerated
cache  manager, Cache Policy Manager in CMF) to make sure the right
headers are set.

The ESI statements can be put into any page template in Zope, there is
no need for Zope to specifically support it. ESI support needs to be
built into the cache, and Squid 3 (still in beta) has it.

jens