[Zope] Help! Zope Crashed and will not start up again!

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Thu Jul 8 13:36:25 EDT 2004

I use RedHat 7.3, Zope 2.5.1 with Python 2.1.3 behind Pound in some of our
configurations and know it to be stable.

The removal of the zope user could easily cause protection problems.
If you are running Zope on port 80, there's a bit of a fancy shuffle
since access to low ports (<1024) needs root access, but zope itself
is best run as a normal user.