[Zope] Time taken to render a page template

Jonathan Hobbs toolkit at magma.ca
Fri Jul 9 07:24:34 EDT 2004

From: "Tim Zegir" <tim at ccx.com.au>
> How would I go about displaying the time it takes to render a page
> template? (eg. it took 0.003 seconds to render this page)
>
> Is there a simple python call, or will i have to use a python script?

If you are looking for debug/optimization-type of information do a search on
CallProfiler in the archives.  CallProfiler is a product that displays (via
the zmi) a break-down of how much time is spent in each method/script etc.

If you want to display something on the returned page (ie. something an
end-user can see) you could have a look in the CallProfiler source to see
how it works (some programming will be required in this approach!).

Jonathan