[Zope] ldapuserfolder

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Jul 9 11:34:00 EDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 3:36 AM, Einar Næss Jensen wrote:

> The Ldapuserfolder is so sweet!
> (using it to authenticate against local AD)
>
> Only thing I need (or havent figured out) is: How can one assign roles
> to single users?
> Is it possible?
>
> I'm trying to make some sort of "hompages" where each user have access
> to and read/write permission to her own folder, but I am only able to
> assign roles to groups and not to individual users.

Your situation would best be covered by using Zope's built-in "Local
Roles". Create a role in Zope (or use an existing role) that has the
permissions to do the read/write operations on these member folders and
then assign them to the user from the local role form, which is linked
from the "Security" ZMI tab of the member's folder.

jens