[Zope] Help with mail error -- Error Value: (111, 'Connection refused')

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Jul 9 13:36:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 01:01:29PM -0400, Dan Gaibel wrote:
> After switching machines around due to a crash/recovery. I find that
> I'm getting an error when I try to use methods which utilize the
> Mailhost object. I get "Error Value: (111, 'Connection refused')"  I
> don't understand what could have caused this change, except for
> changing IP addresses. Any thoughts? I'm running on RH 7.3, Zope 2.5.1,
> Python 2.1.3. Does Mailhost need to use sendmail?

It needs to use the MTA on whatever IP / port you configure
it to use.  By default this is port 25 on localhost.
Go to your mailhost instance in the ZMI and check what
you've got it set to, then check that the designated IP/port
is actually available on the system that is running zope.
Maybe since your IP changed, there are routing or firewall issues.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com