[Zope] Help with mail error -- Error Value: (111, 'Connection refused')

Tuttle, Gene cetuttle at rottlundhomes.com
Fri Jul 9 15:45:25 EDT 2004

you can make sure your host is able to connect to the remote host using
telnet on port 25.

You will need to be on the Zope server and try and telnet on port 25 on the
remote server.
type:
telnet yourmailhost 25

If it responds with something like:
220 mplsfw1.rottlundhomes.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8/8.12.8; Fri, 9 Jul 2004
17:4
6:55 -0500

you know that at a minimum you can communicate to the mail host from your
zope host.

Gene