[Zope] feedback request for DCWorkflow tutorial

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Sat Jul 10 02:49:14 EDT 2004

Here is  one explanation.
Nice work.

Robert

(EXPERTS: Is the security setting update necessary at this point?)
The permission settings of an object is only set to reflect the one
defined for a state, when a state change occurs. Therefor a change to
the permission settings for state will only have any impact on objects
that enter that state hence on. Any objects that are in the altered
states are untouched and reflect the old settings. With the button
"security setting update" the permission settings of all objects
participating in a work flow are updated to reflect the permission
settings defined for the state they are in.