[Zope] External Editor problem

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat Jul 10 10:38:36 EDT 2004

I've been using version 0.6 and will upgrade to 0.7.2 shortly.  Let me
know if you've already encountered this and fixed it.

Some of my users insist on using WindowsXP Home and IE. The external
editor fails.  Running the helper application standalone works fine.
Runing Firefox as the browser works fine after a bit of fancy twostepping
to get it configured.

The diagnostic from IE is

FATAL ERROR: [Errorno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and
Settings\\joe\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet
Files\\Content.IE5\\11Q3QMRM\MyTest[1].zope'

which appears to be a bad path in the helper application. I believe that
the correct path is ...\\Local Settings\\Temp\\Temporary Internet
Files\\..