[Zope] More on External Editor problem

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat Jul 10 12:27:16 EDT 2004

So, it appears that there is an incompatibility in the file names.
At least under Python 2.3.3 mktemp() generates a file name pointing to the

	mktemp('foo')

generates a file path in the TEMP directory rather than TEMP\\Temporary
Internet Files directory where the application looks.  I'm still trying
to figure out how the names get our of sync.

The temp_dir option may be a possible workaround for the moment.  I did
note, in the code, that it uses os.tempnam() which is a potential security
risk.

Is there a bug tracker for the ExternalEditor?  If there is, I'll write up
a formal bug report.