[Zope] File extensions and log analysis

TJ Stankus tjstankus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 16:29:37 EDT 2004

Has anyone tackled and come to a workable resolution wrt the issues
surrounding file name extensions in Zope?

Here's our current problem: in order to access images and other files with
the syntax that we preferred in page templates, we did not use file
extensions. Now, the issue that we're running into is in doing log analysis.
We are not able to easily determine between page hits and just hits, since
there are no extensions available to identify images from HTML pages from
folders, etc. We've got several ideas for how to workaround this, but wanted
to throw it out there to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

We are running Zope 2.6.4, Python 2.1.3, and Webalizer.

Thanks,

-TJ