[Zope] passing parameters from dtml-method to Script (Python)

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Tue Jul 13 02:15:48 EDT 2004

why do you use dtml?

Tough it is not really depreciated yet,  it is for sure on a declining
branch.
Better invest in learning Page templates.
They are much clearer than dtml, and have fever "magic" that "you have
to know since it is how it works"

So having your two scripts you would use them like this in a template
(note templates are pure html adorned with an xml name space):

The first span is "filled" with the result of the script.
The second is replaced by the result. There will be no span tag in the
resulting html.
The third shows how to embed an arbitrary python code snippet.

As you might have guested, "here" denotes the context in which the
template is called.

Robert