[Zope] Fiddly Apache Rewrite / VHM Configuration

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 03:19:50 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I have a situation where I need to map a /path/ below an (already
redirected) host name to a different site.

So, I have: -

	Site1.com -> Site1PathInZope

...but now I need to add: -

	Site1.com/path -> Site2PathInZope

This is another ISA server issue - I am serving these sites through ISA
server, which has a single host name protected by SSL, and is capable of
redirecting based on the path, but not of stripping off the (then
redundant) path. I have successfully set (in ISA server) a forwarder to
direct requests with the path in question to the correct site in Zope,
but the forwarded request still has "/path" appended, so instead of
going to "Site2PathInZope" they are calling "Site2PathInZope/path".

Is there a way to strip this redundant path from the request in the
rewrite rule / VHM set-up, as opposed to modifying the folder hierarchy
in Zope (which I can see that I could do, but seems inelegant, and would
have the effect of obfuscating Zope's set up in this case)?

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer