[Zope] FastCGI didn't use to need VirtualhostMonster???

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 05:54:19 EDT 2004

Hi Simon,

Simon J. Blandford wrote:
> Can someone please tell me what changed between then and now. Is it
> Apache, FastCGI or Zope? Also, is there anyway I can get this system to
> work again without resorting to unsightly Virtualhostmonsters?

I'm not sure why you don't want to use VHM here, or why you think it's
ugly. I've never had /any/ luck with FastCGI, so I'm approaching this
from the other end of the spectrum...

In Zope (with Apache), you only need /install/ a VHM - it is 100%
configuration free, and will happily sit in the root of your Zope install.

In Apache, you just need a rewrite rule, which is not pretty but is not
complicated either. See: -

	http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/VirtualHosting.stx

...for the docs.

N.B. All my Apaches are 1.3.x - but I doubt if much if anything differs
in 2.x...

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer