[Zope] [ANN] Zope 2.7.2 RC1 released

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Jul 14 12:36:06 EDT 2004

Hi Andreas, I'll be giving this one a whirl.
One little issue - do we really want to advise people to downgrade
from python 2.3.4 to 2.3.3 ?

!! WARNING !!
An acceptable, but non-optimal Python version (2.3.4)
was found at '/usr/local/bin/python'.
But consider installing version '2.3.3' before running
'make'. If this isn't the Python version or interpreter
instance you wish to use, you may specify a Python interpreter
manually by rerunning the ./configure script with the
'--with-python' option.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 06:29:35AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> on behalf of Zope Corporation and the Zope community I am pleased to
> announce the release of Zope 2.7.2 RC1. You can download it the sources from
>
>  http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.7.2RC1/
>
> Installers for Microsoft Windows will be available shortly!
>
> THIS RELEASE IS ALSO A SECURITY UPDATE AND CONTAINS A FIX FOR A SECURITY
> PROBLEM IN PAGE TEMPLATES. YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO UPGRADE
> TO ZOPE 2.7.2 OR INSTALL THE HOTFIX #2004-07-13 WHICH WAS RELEASED
> YESTERDAY.
>
> For more information on what is new in this release, see the
> CHANGES.txt and HISTORY.txt files for the release:
>
>  http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.7.2RC1/CHANGES.txt
>
>  http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.7.2RC1/HISTORY.txt
>
> Zope 2.7.2 final will be released with the next seven to ten days.
>
> For more information on the available Zope releases, guidance for selecting
> the right distribution and installation instructions, please see:
>
>  http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/InstallingZope.stx
>
> --
> Andreas Jung    (andreas at zopyx dot com)

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com