[Zope] [ANN] Zope 2.7.2 RC1 released

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Wed Jul 14 13:46:04 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 01:09 pm, Andreas Jung wrote:
 > Do we really want to enforce people to upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4? :-)
 > If yes, why?

As long as both are accepted, we're not forcing anyone to change versions.

Advising anyone to step backward from a more stable version is a bad move.
I'd rather see 2.3.3 go from being optimum for 2.7.1 to merely acceptable
than to see the bugfix release (Python 2.3.4) be considered the second
choice.

As with any upgrade, careful testing is needed.  If the amount of testing
needed is a concern (reasonable since it takes time), upgrade Python and Zope
in lockstep.

Now, it would be nice if it were easier to switch an instance home to use a
different software home.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>