[Zope] Server-side redirecting?

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.org
Wed Jul 14 15:46:50 EDT 2004

Michael Ekstrand wrote:
> <weirdnumber>". If I return folder.index_html(), it complains that it
> can't find the REQUEST object... it appears that the DTML method
> index_html completely loses its acquisition context (if I provide
> REQUEST and RESPONSE keyword variables, it then complains in my usage
> of _.getitem())

How are you passing the REQUEST/RESPONSE keyword variables?  When
I am doing what you are trying, I usually have code that looks like:

return self.pbtovgplotform(self, REQUEST)

A couple of notes here:

1 - Using self.pbtovgplotform means that the form will be acquired,
which might help you or not (I'm not sure).

2 - Pass "self" as the first argument to the method call

These two items together should get around the errors using the "_"
namespace.  OTOH, I would normally use REQUEST.getitem() instead
of the _.getitem() ...

HTH,
JZ