[Zope] Flash tutorials for newbies to Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 16 15:29:12 EDT 2004

Andreas Jung wrote at 2004-7-16 06:35 +0200:
>ZClasses for newbies? I think ZClasses are one of the most ugly and broken
>features in Zope. I would never recommended any person to learn or  to use
>ZClasses....also not for rapid prototyping.

I disagree.

"ZClasses" are an easy way to combine various elementary Zope objects
into more complex objects. They facilitate creation of simple
Web applications.

Unfortunately, nobody has written comprehensive tests for ZClasses
and therefore they break occationally between Zope releases.
Usually, the problem is not big -- but you are using ZClasses
because your Zope programming skills are not yet developped enough
to implement full blown Zope products. Fixing bugs
is even more demanding than implementing products...

Fortunately, the Zope mailing lists are very active and usually
patches for severe problems are available within a short time.
In the past, the availability of patches did not always mean
that they went into the official Zope release. But, we hope this
is improving...

--
Dieter