[Zope] Zope and Javascript

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Mon Jul 19 17:38:58 EDT 2004

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to open a new browser window
when a certain condition is met. A variable would be set to a certain
value and placed in either the REQUEST object or the SESSION attribute of
the REQUEST object when this condition was met. I know how to do this
part. However, I am having trouble figuring out how I can execute some
Javascript code when this condition is met. In particular, the Javascript
code should open a new window and display a customized message in this
window. I also have the Javascript code to do this particular task. How do
I call this Javascript code though? Is it possible to place Javascript
code in a DTML method? If so, then I could call the method when the condition was
met and this would execute the Javascript code. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

- Asad