[Zope] Error setting a session variable

Norma Silva nsilva at gsibuild.com
Thu Jul 22 14:46:21 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this group. I got the very strange error below while setting a
SESSION variable. Cannot understand why, because it says it is a SQL error.

Site Error

_mysql_exceptions.NotSupportedError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 163, in publish_module_standard

Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 45, in
new_publish

Module Zope.App.startup, line 226, in abort

Module ZODB.Transaction, line 134, in abort

Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM, line 63, in abort

Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 327, in _abort

NotSupportedError: (1196, "Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables
couldn't be rolled back")

Thers is no entry on the error log for more information. I'm running zope
2.7.0 and also tried on 2.7.2-0. Both gave me the same error.

The python script code is:

request = container.REQUEST

session = request.SESSION

##

request.set('caller', 'processItem')

if not request.has_key('submit'):

    return 'NO SUBMIT'

#

orderNo = session['orderNo']

if orderNo == 0:

    orderNo = context.createOrderHeaderPY()

    session.set('itemIndex', 1)

    session.set('orderNo', orderNo)   ## <-- LINE WITH PROBLEM

    itemIndex = 1

else:

    itemIndex = int(session['itemIndex']) + 1

    session.set('itemIndex', itemIndex)

    orderNo = session['orderNo']

#

I tried setting up another SESSION variable (using a different name for it)
and it works. This code was working before. It broke when I made some
changes in other scripts.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Norma