[Zope] SharedResource insight ?

Paolo Bizzarri p.bizzarri at icube.it
Fri Jul 23 10:48:52 EDT 2004

Hi everyone.

We are looking for some product to provide a cache shared between all
the threads in Zope, and I think we could use the SharedResource (see
http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/SharedResource.html) module
for such a purpose. This cache will mantain objects built from an SQL
database.

However, we have some doubt regarding Zope transactions and cache
management.

Indeed, the commit/rollback process is ok with the SQL db: if the sql
transaction fails, the whole zope transaction fails and nothing is
stored anywhere.

However, how could we manage this with SharedResource? Consider that, at
first, we are not going to put zope objects inside such a cache.

How could we remove such objects at the abort of the transaction? Or should
the objects be put in the cache only at the end of the transaction
itself?

Any insight will be appreciated (and paid in Pizza credits when you will visit
Pisa :=).

Regards.

Paolo

--
Paolo Bizzarri - President - Icube S.r.l.
Address:   	Via Ridolfi 15 - 56124 Pisa (PI), Italy