[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 breaks Plone 2.0.3 login_form

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 17:38:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:18:12 -0400, Passin, Tom <tpassin at mitretek.org> wrote:
> I get a little lost here, Fred.  Why would the page template get treated
> as HTML by a parser?  The template is in xml, and the output may end up
> being treated as html eventually, but why would it ever need to get
> parsed as html?  Would you explain how this works?

Page templates can be either HTML or XML.  Which depends on the
content type setting for the template.  For file-based templates this
is auto-detected (see zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplatefile) and for
templates in the database this is determined using a content-type
field that can be set by the author/editor.

When the template is compiled, the setting of the content type is used
to determine which parser to use.  The specific error originally
reported was from the HTML parser I wrote specifically for use in page
templates.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation