[Zope] SharedResource insight ?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jul 27 14:44:12 EDT 2004

Paolo Bizzarri wrote at 2004-7-27 09:58 +0200:
>We thought to use an object inside a temp_folder, containing, inside, whatever
>suitable structure (a dictionary, a BTree, etc.).
>
>However, we thought that since temp_folder uses the LowConflictResolution,
>which does not support the conflict resolution, this was unsuitable.

"temp_folder" no longer uses a "low conflict" connection.

However, you are right that it supports only limited
conflict resolution: the underlaying RAM storage maintains
just two versions per object, the current and the previous version.
Thus, you get just one level of conflict resolution (but not several).

Sessions work not too bad with "temp_folder".
Maybe, your application can live with it, too, when carefully
designed to avoid conflicts as much as possible.

--
Dieter